Saturday, April 10, 2010

Movies New Moon DVD Review

Okay, so I was not a huge fan of Twilight...bare that in mind. I don't go crazy like the teens do for this *my opinion* popularization of Vampires into less than an action/horror story and more of a romance type genre. There....I said it. *Ducks as millions of teens scoff and throw sparkly vampire dust at the Brainbrarian.*
Honestly, upon hearing from many librarians how great this series was, I expected more. I tried to read Twilight....but the simplicity of the characters and the writing bored me to tears within the first fifty pages or so.

So, the movies. I thought I would be able to handle 2 hours of this and might even be interested in giving the books a second chance. Heck there might even be enough bloodsucking to redeem itself.

i was wrong

First, the acting. Experience taught me that the actors in the film are mediocre at best. Bela delivers each line like she's about ready to cry and beloved Edward is just there- glowing white without any real enthusiasm in the job, delivering stiff lines, and looking to his "bad-boy messed up hair" to win over the hearts of the nation. Jacob is portrayed as only mildly more interesting than Edward and acted as such.

The special effects were horrible. Canned looking computer graphics took us into video game land. And frankly, Werewolves are more than just bif wolves. Let's inject a bit a creativity in there.

Direction, editing, etc. fell apart into a mindnumbing jumble of scenes. If this is what the book is like- I don't want any.

Finally,
You know every once in a while you see a movie that just begs to be made fun of with all of your friends around- the crude comments, the nasty jokes, etc. This is one- and I didn't even need an audience of friends around to entertain. My own cuts and jabs added to the soundtrack kept me more than enough entertained where the movie failed.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to watch this movie with manly men and make tons of fun with it. But the only manly men I know to invite would include you, a hillbilly and Joey from Ft. Fun. I still think that could be a really fun night, though I know I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting all you guys to show up for THIS flick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie screams "make loads of fun of me" I did it an cracked myself up enough during the first watching. Groups would be even more fun

    ReplyDelete