Monday, April 12, 2010

Movie- Man of the Year

I remember wanting to see this when it came out, and some how I managed to mis it until now.
The story centers around a comedian (Robin Williams) who runs for president. He's supposed to be in the same vein as Jon Strewert and the like.
With Robin, Lewis Black, and Chirstopher Walken, how can you go wrong?
It's not that it's a bad movie, just a little disjointed. Where it might have had a great political satire, it slowed into other stories. Where the cover and commercials would have you believe it is a zany comedy, it moves into almost a suspense movie, complete with evil capitalists as the movie movesalong.
A decent movie, and I'm glad I watched it, but not great. Could have been better.

One word of note. When are people going to learn how to handle DVD's. I mean they have been around for how long now? And still I always get the one from the library that looks like a cat used it for a scratching post. Not cool people, and it doesn't really help my viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment